Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Power Of Parchar

A few months ago I made a post about doing a presentation on Sikhi to work colleagues. Yesterday my colleague who was marking me came to me and said "I had all of my family around the other day. My daughter's boyfriend (typical chavy sort of bloke) was there and was complaining about Muslims. He said look they've got a big Mosque in Gravesend now. I corrected him and told him that actually it's a Sikh Temple where anyone is welcome and they give free food. After that he felt a bit ashamed but continued to say that Sikhs have knives in their Turbans. I once again corrected him and said that Sikhs only have their hair tied up in their Turbans, not knives. I told him that they do carry knives but it is only for the protection of others. He then went on to say that the Sikhs he has met drink alot. I once again corrected him and said that the Sikh religion forbids any consumption of alocohol. He then said 'ok, Sikhs sound like a nice bunch of people'. I remembered all the things you said in your presentation that time."

Education is the key!

Dhan Guroo Nanak.

1 comment: