Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sikh's Do Drink!

I'm pretty sure many Gursikhs have had similar experiences but I thought I would share mine.

About 2 years ago I girl that I worked with was having a general conversation with me about her previous jobs. She was telling me that she use to work as a waitress for one of those companies that use waitresses for wedding parties etc.

She said "You're Sikh aren't you?" I told her I was, then she said "Oh my God, you guys drink more than anyone! I've never known anyone to drink as much as Sikhs can!" I honestly felt like putting my head down in shame! She then went on to tell me some stories of when some "Sikhs" had gotten way too drunk that they couldn't not even pick themselves off of the floor - even elderly people!

What a disgusting thing for someone outside of Sikhi to say to you! Sikhs were once a great warrior race that would not tolerate any type of alcohol or drugs. They would fight for and save both men and women for other religions. The would lay down their lives for righteousness as did Baba Deep Singh, Bhai Mani Singh, Bhai Fauja Singh and the countless other great souls.

Now what kind of a name have "Sikhs" got for themselves? To be able to 'out drink' anyone else?? I hope people wake up and realise what kind of name they are giving themselves and to acutally follow the path of Sikhi rather than just use it as a title.


Kabeer, what can the True Guru do, when His Sikhs are at fault?

The blind do not take in any of His Teachings; it is as useless as blowing into bamboo. ||158||


No comments:

Post a Comment