Monday, November 11, 2013

"I Can Still See The Blood On My Hands"

I was recently talking to a very good old friend that I went to school with since year 7. She has now moved to London and works as support worker for young disabled children.

When I saw her she told me how she had now become a vegetarian and had not eaten meat for 28 days. I found it amazing and told her she was doing a very good thing.

I asked her out of curiosity why she decided to become vegetarian, she said "I've always known that you're a vegetarian and have found it amazing. Part of my role was to take the fresh meat out of the bags when it got delivered into the centre and put it into the freezers ready to take out later on for the kids. But this one day when the delivery came in, I picked up the bag and noticed it hadn't been closed properly. Then all of a sudden the blood that was in the bag had spilled down my clothes. I couldn't believe it. It was like a scene from a horror movie. If the children had seen me like that with blood dripping everywhere they would have freaked out big time. All I could see laying in the bag was a dead pig. I felt sick and told my manager I can't do that task anymore. The worst thing is, I can still see the blood on my hands."

Vaheguroo.


No comments:

Post a Comment